The purpose of the role is to deliver DAiSY’s strategy, primarily its current Arts Council Project DAiSY:Regrowth, and to support the DAiSYfest membership organisations.
Key responsibilities are:
Arts Council Project:
- Deliver the aims of the Arts Council Project, which are primarily:
- Work with 5 DAiSY member organisations to deliver micro projects. Three of these have already been delivered
- Work with DAiSY members to deliver an arts exhibition in September 2022
- Oversee coordination of the DAiSY artist commissioning scheme, which is managed by a part time employee
- Work with our cultural partners including RHS Garden’s Wisley, The Lightbox Woking, Watts Gallery and Surrey Arts to make them more accessible and inclusive organisations
- Organise training opportunities for DAiSY members and partners to develop access, inclusion and diversity across the county
- Complete reporting as required
- Manage a budget effectively
- Manage a small team of freelancers, one employee and several project partners effectively
- Coordinate membership meetings on a quarterly basis
- Provide ad hoc updates to the membership as required
- Offer organisational support on an ad hoc basis
- Oversee delivery of DAiSY quarterly newsletter, which is compiled and distributed by a freelance assistant
- To coordinate with the DAiSY board and give a report at board meetings detailing project progress
- Report to core funders Surrey County Council as outlined in funding agreement
- Apply for funding to continue the sustainability of DAiSYfest CIC, and develop new projects
- Support the board to develop opportunities, create strategy or close the company, depending on the financial sustainability of the organisation
There is the opportunity to develop this role depending on the outcome of pending funding bids and the initiative of the successful applicant. The board is keen to encourage enterprising applicants who have the vision to drive the organisation forward.
The role is offered as a fixed term freelance contract at a rate of £160 per day (FTA yearly rate £41,600). The role is 3 days per week from February until the end of September 2022 (start date negotiable).
DAiSY operates flexible working from home, with hours and travel dependent on the needs of the projects.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter (no more than 1 page) outlining your suitability to fulfil the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can send a video submission if preferred.
Please contact Callum Graham Robertson for further information at email@example.com. Please note DAiSY will be closed from 24th December until 5th January but will endeavour to be as available as possible before and after the Christmas break.
Deadline for applications 7th January 2022.
Interviews (via Zoom or Google Teams) during the week of 10th January 2022.
All disabled candidates who meet the role requirements will be interviewed.